Sunday, August 22, 2010

StoryCorps

Hey Bill-

I'm writing to you from StoryCorps, America's largest nonprofit oral history organization. This morning we broadcast an interview on NPR's Morning Edition in time for Gay Pride Week that I thought you might be interested in sharing with your readers. Please have a listen:

Michael Levine and Matthew Merlin
Michael Levine, who witnessed the Stonewall Riots in 1969, speaks with his friend Matthew Merlin.

Each StoryCorps interview is recorded on a free CD for participants to take home and share with their loved one and archived for generations to come at the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress. StoryCorps currently has one of the country's largest oral history archives—with more than 30,000 interviews recorded in all 50 states.

Please let me know if you have any questions about StoryCorps or today's broadcast. I hope you'll take the time to listen to our stories and to share them with your readers!

Thanks,


Boy, when I get backed up I get backed up! My apologies -- this was supposed to be posted way back during Gay Pride week. Anyway, use the link to check out Michael Levine's story as well as the StoryCorps web site and archives.

2 comments:

Oral Interview Questions said...

Where is the full article..i just see few statements..could you provide me a link? thanks

Unknown said...

There is no article, it is an audio interview. After you click on the link, click on the red arrow under the photo of the two guys to hear the interview. Bill